Jan 17, 2015

Hand Lettered Week 2/52 Challenge - Summer Love List

A few weeks ago I was reading one of my favorite bloggers, instagrammers, and youtuber named Kate Bryan at The Small Things Blog.  She wrote on her instagram account about starting a 52 week handwriting lettering challenge she found from another blogger named Miranti at Pen + Peplum.
And I was immediately curious and interested to jump on board and start the challenge as well.

The writing prompt for week one was to paint a word, a mantra or your focus for the new year 2015.
Miranti suggested using a #1 round tip watercolor brush + watercolor.  I have numbered brushes I use for nailart designs but I didn't have watercolors. Instead I used a dark pigmented shade of e.l.f eyeshadow and came up with the word Courageous.  I figured this word encapsulated the writing prompt perfectly, given my new adventures as a blogger and youtuber.


The second week writing prompt started on Monday January 12th and it was to paint your summer love list.  Miranti explained "summer has always been about long, lazy days, cold drinks, backyard bbqs, fresh seafood and easy, floating summer dresses". She also suggested using #0 flat watercolor brush + watercolor.  
Since I really wanted to get involved with this challenge I went out and bought some Crayola watercolors and compiled my list, sunshine, walking, barefoot, vacation, birdies chirping, and watermelon.  
Check out my youtube video describing all about it.  My video explains my reasoning why I love all these things about summer :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment